"You know that I'm no good..."

July 23rd Amy Winehouse found dead in her London house. I'd say that I wasn't such a fan of hers whereas I always recognized her talent in Jazz/Soul music. However, it was also shocking for me because she was a huge inspiration for fashion world and especially Karl Lagerfeld as he called her his "muse".


July 26th hundreds of people went to Amy's funeral. 
Here's Vanessa Friedman's words for Financial Times:



"Today is Amy Winehouse’s funeral, and I hope, but am not convinced, the fashion world will acknowledge what it has lost.
She did, after all, provide the soundtrack to a season: just after her award-winning album “Back to Black” was released, when Rehab was the most popular track at fashion shows. I remember sitting in a Comme des Garcons collection listening to it; ditto Dior. If one song could work for both those brands, which stand for pretty diametrically opposed value systems (clothes as concept vs clothes as couture; clothes as challenge vs clothes as perfect costume), you knew it was something special."

RIP Amy.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder